There are several things you should know about me, I love making films, eating tacos, and flying. My love for flying came from my dad’s career as a pilot. For a while growing up I wanted to be a pilot too, but for now I am content with traveling around the country filming weddings. That love for flying should explain why I was incredibly excited when I heard Allison and David’s plan for their wedding day would include a plane flight and a reception at the Houston 1940 Air Terminal Museum.
Now when you tell most people you’re going to a wedding where the reception will be in an airport terminal you will receive strange looks. This airport terminal was unlike any I had been in before, I felt like I was on the set of the Rocketeer or another film from that period. The coolest thing about this wedding by far was how they arrived at the reception though – they flew, kinda. After the ceremony, the entire wedding party drove to a hangar at the airport and taxi-ed across the runway in the plane to arrive outside the 1940 Air Terminal Museum.
But enough about the awesome airplane theme, on to the couple. Allison and David were one of the most adventurous couples I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. They met online, and were engaged when he surprised her while she was in China. Yes! He flew halfway around the world to surprise her at her hotel. This couple is awesome!
Download Allison and David’s Wedding Highlight film in high definition at who is matt.
:: Technical Details ::
- Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD // Amazon.com Page
- Sigma 20mm F1.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page x2
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Steadicam //Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
Interested in having me film your wedding? Please contact me!
awesome! I love it! : D
[…] Museum. With a father that is a pilot, I love airplanes and jump at any chance I have to film a flight themed wedding. This wedding had more than planes though, and it came with a packed dance floor, goofy groomsmen, […]