Yosemite – clouds rolled low through the valleys over plants that burst with dark green and orange hues. Waterfalls thundered hundreds of feet into crystal clear pools. Deer and other animals came close to look at us as much as we looked at them.
This wasn’t just a one day wedding, it was a four-day event involving campfires, bagpipes, hiking, pizza parties, an Aggie Football game, and of course some amazing vows said on Sentinel Beach in the heart of the valley. This wasn’t even a dedicated venue site for weddings. People just pull up, park, and get married on a first come, first served basis. I’ve filmed many laid-back weddings before, but this is on a whole new level.
Kristin said it best the first night we all arrived, Yosemite is the best place on earth. I hope to go back and film another wedding there soon.
Filmed by Matt Johnson and Skyler Fike. Special thanks to Jordan Laessig.
:: Technical Details ::
- Canon 50mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 16-35mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page x2
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally.
Getting married in Yosemite? I would love to film it. Get in touch!