Doug and I have one of those friendships that started entirely on Facebook. There wasn’t a ton of creative people in the small town of College Station, so when I saw someone making cool stuff online I would usually immediately add them and worry about actually meeting in person later.
We finally did meet, and in 2013 I moved to Dallas and heard that Doug was working at an amazing co-working space called WELD. He gave me a tour and I joined on the spot. It wasn’t just the cool work area, fast internet, or massive studio space, it was mostly about the people. Everyone is incredibly friendly, willing to help, and giving of their time. This makes for a great place to work, and in Doug and Kelsi’s case, fall in love.
Kelsi started working at WELD soon after I did, and while the space’s motto is “Work Here. Sparks Fly.” I don’t think they were exactly talking about the kind of sparks that Kelsi and Doug soon started putting off towards each other. Once they started dating, it was pretty obvious that they were going to get married. This was confirmed when a lot of the members of WELD piled into an RV together and rode out to Yosemite National Park for a few weeks. It was there surrounded by forest and friends that Doug proposed.
Throughout their engagement they continued to work at WELD, which made it incredibly easy to see their mounting excitement for their wedding. I was patient and waited on Doug to ask me to film his wedding, even though I knew it would be amazing. Once again in the outdoors, surrounded by the entire membership of WELD, friends, and family, Doug and Kelsi formed Delsi.
:: Technical Details ::
- Canon 7D // Get one at Amazon.com
- Canon 5D Mark II // Amazon.com Page
- Sony FS100 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 1DX // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 16-35mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page x2
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Steadicam //Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Konova K3B2 80cm
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally.
Interested in having me film your wedding? Please Contact Me!