Okay, I promise the couple that I post after this one isn’t one that I met through Impact Retreat! But I did meet Joel through Impact, so he just adds to my list of Impact Weddings.
Over my four years of filming weddings, I have seen many Christian ceremonies. Often, the bride and groom will express to the pastor how they want their wedding ceremony to reflect the gospel of Jesus and express their love for God, as much as their love for one another. As often as I see this though, Bailey and Joel were the first couple to ask me to make their wedding film convey the gospel as well. They wanted a film that was as much about God as it was about themselves.
Filming a wedding with an explicit gospel message may sound like a difficult task, but these two made it incredibly easy. From their prayer before the ceremony, to a wonderful message delivered by Butch Smith I was able to capture the essence of the gospel, while showing their love. It is apparent on Joel’s face when he sees bailey for the first time how excited he is, and I can only imagine that is how Christ views his church when we seek Him. Their joy and excitement throughout the day mirrors Christ love as well. Like I said, Bailey and Joel made telling the story of their wedding day and giving a glimpse into the love of God through their wedding film easy.
If you are planning on getting married and want a specific message conveyed through your wedding film, I would be happy to film it.
Special thanks to Ashley Stineman at Sun 7 Studios for helping film.
:: Technical Details ::
- Canon 7D // Get one at Amazon.com
- Canon 5D Mark II // Amazon.com Page
- Sony FS100 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 1DX // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 16-35mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page x2
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Steadicam //Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Konova K3B2 80cm
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally.
Interested in having me film your wedding? Please contact me!
[…] all started when I agreed to film Bailey and Joel’s wedding way back in March 2013. Courtney is a good friend of Bailey and when Bailey mentioned she was […]